Thursday, July 20, 2006

July 06 Heatwave Commuting

Although it's hot, I much enjoy having the breeze constantly caress me, attempting to wick the heat from my body as I'm rollin' rollin' rollin'.

Having a wide choice of transport options available to me for commuting, my choice to cycle in to work, was ratified by reading about the alternative experiences:


London Underground



Commuters facing journeys on London's Tube network reportedly faced temperatures
of 47C (117F).


London Busses


London bus drivers were threatened with the sack for wearing shorts, despite
on-board temperatures exceeding 50C


Overland Trains


Birmingham train travel was compromised as:

Railway tracks buckled in the heat.



There's no getting away from it, whichever travel mode I choose it's gonna be hot, sticky & uncomfortable. But for me, cycling is the "least-worse" choice. Plus, it is a whole lot more interesting than being sweat-welded to a seat, watching the slow progress of a sweat bead trickle down the skin!





Technorati Tags: /

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Google Search