Guangzhou, Capital of Guangdong in Southern China has banned use of the electric bicycle, in favour of cars which are growing in number by 150,000 per year.
- Riders caught using an electric bicycle, are to be fined and bike confiscated.
- Authorities cite untrained riders and disposal of the battery as the reason for the ban.
- Ahem, don't cars have batteries too? What a lame argument!
- If the riders are so bad - then train them!
- Powerful car lobby, exerting its wishes.
Seems like this emerging stupor-power is dazed by economic growth, just oblivious to the irresponsible policy decisions being made.