Bullet point list of why tempted newbies should consider commuting by bicycle in London.
- Feel-good exercise.
- Long-term health benefits.
- Cheap to buy & maintain.
- Predictable journey times.
- Very accessible to get started.
- Traffic jams cause minimal delay to cyclists.
- Increase awareness & road skills.
- No fuel costs.
- No parking fines or parking meters.
- Bicycles emit zero emissions: No Sulphur Dioxide, Nitrogen Oxide, Carbon Monoxide, Carbon Dioxide, etc. So Contribute to a better quality of life for everyone.
- Current transport habits are "part of the problem". Cycling is "part of the solution".
Other opinions on why to cycle: