Thinking of renting a bike? A number of
Motivations to rent a bike:
Sightseeing tourists seeking a healthier, more engaging way to tour
- Drivers and train commuters investigating the feasibility of cycling, prior to joining a cycle to work scheme.
- Cyclists in quest of something exciting and unusual, e.g. tandems, recumbent bikes, Nihola Child carrying bikes.
residents, to whom it’s more economical to rent a bike. London
- Cycle commuters needing a replacement bicycle while their bike is serviced.
- Parents organising a family day out, renting kids bikes, in ultra-safe, traffic-free, green spaces.
- Businesses hiring bicycles during bike week to encourage staff to cycle.
- Infrequent cyclists, who have no storage space.
- Clever Londoners circumventing the hassle of train or tube strikes.
Where To Rent A Bike In
Bicycle hire companies and rates:
Go Pedal - Bike Hire
Bike Type: "Classic city cruiser".
Cost: from £19 per day.
Helmet and 'D' lock included.
£7 per hour for kids bikes.
£7 per hour for full-size conventional bikes.
£12 per hour to hire tandems.
£15 per hour for recumbent bikes.
OY Bike -
Bike Type: "yellow rental bikes".
Cost: £2 per hour,
with a sliding scale;
up to £8 per day.
Mainly available in
Velorution - Folding Bike Hire
Bike Type: Folding bikes.
(Brompton / Dahon, etc).
Cost: £20 per day,
£15 per subsequent day.