Not everyone owns a bike. Fortunately a number of
I can think of a range of scenarios for bike rental:
- Tourists in the capital on holiday, for some bike riding recreation.
- Commuters wanting to trial their route by bike, before committing to buy a bike.
- Owner rider's normal bike is in for servicing or repairs, and a rental could fill a few days in place of the normal bike.
- People travelling from far outside London, not wanting to bring their own bike all the way in to the city centre.
- Curious people who are just interested to experience riding around London on two wheels.
Where To Rent A Bike In London
Here is a selection of bicycle hire companies with their rates, in alphabetical order:
Go Pedal - Bike Hire
Bike Type: "classic city cruiser"
Cost: £18 to £24 per day
London Bicycle - Bike Hire
Bike Types: Mountain bikes & Hybrids
Cost: £3.00 per hour,
or £16 per day,
or £48 per week
OY Bike - London Bike Rental
Bike Type: "yellow rental bikes"
Cost: £2 per hour,
with a sliding scale;
£0.30 for 15 mins,
up to £8 per day.
Velorution - Folding Bike Hire
Bike Type: Folding bikes
(Brompton / Dahon, etc)
Cost: £20 for 1 day,
£15 per day after that.